Changing your password frequently is a healthy habit. In fact, most of the webmail websites recommended its users to change the login password every 90 days.
As you see, when you login to your account via non private devices like your friend’s mobile, college library computer etc., you might have forgotten to log out of your account. So, as you change your password, your logged in devices will all be logged out. Which means, your account is safe and sound.
And also, you shall not wait for 90 days to change your password. You need to change it every time you doubt someone has your password. If you’re trying to login to your account and you think your friend or anyone nearby saw your password, change it immediately.
Change AOL Mail Login Password
To change the password, you need to login to your account first. And once you’re logged in, go to the account settings page and click on click on change password. And finally, choose your new password.
Still confused? No worries, here’s the detailed explanation step by step:
- Firstly, login to your AOl mail account. Most of the users confuse this with resetting the AOL mail password and mess up the process. Therefore, you need to login to your account first.
- Now, on the AOL Mail Homepage, click on your profile pic from the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on “Account Info“.
- Now click on the Account Settings and later click on Change Password. Now you might need to verify your identity for the account security purpose. Therefore, enter your registered mobile number and wait for the code.
- Now enter the code and change your password.
So, these are the steps involved in changing your password. And as talked earlier, if you’re looking to reset your password, here’s the link instead.
The process is super easy and can be done in a few steps. If you know your login credentials, you can easily change your login password. Nowadays, there are many websites that claim to be the official customer support of AOL mail. And if you land on that page and ask for help, they’ll charge you some fee. Whereas changing the password is a free service.
So, these are the process you need to follow to change your password in AOL mail. But if you’re still facing the problem of the steps explained above are not as shown on your end feel free to ask us in the comment section below.