AOL Mail two step verification is the best way to keep your AOL mail account safe and secure. And if you do not know what two-step verification means, it is basically the extra layer of security that requires you to enter the verification code each and every time you try to login to your AOL account.
In other words, you need to enter your email address, your password and as well as the one time verification code that is send each and every time you try to login.
And as I’ve already told earlier, this is the best way to secure your account from being hacked. But however, everything comes with pros and cons as well. The pros of the two step verification is
- Once enabled, your account will be super safe and other people can not access your account by any means.
- Even though some people have your password, they can not login to your account as they’ll need your mobile number too.
- As this step require your mobile number, if you do not have the mobile with you or you lost your phone, you can not login to your account.
- Also, if you’re on a hike with your friends on no mobile signal zone, you won’t receive your verification code and hence, you won’t be allowed to login to your account.
- So, if you’re the guy who always forgets to carry your mobile phone with you, this two step verification is not for you.
So that being said, let us discuss the steps to activate the two-step verification on AOL mail.
Activate AOL mail two step verification
- First of all, login to AOL mail account.
- Now, click on the “options” from the top right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Account Info”.
- Now, from this page, select “Account Setting” from the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Now, you’ll be landed on the settings page. Here, under the two-step verification section, turn on the toggle bar by clicking on it. The bar turns blue when turned on.
- Now, you need to enter your mobile number. Make sure you provide the active number that you always carry with you.
- Now, you’ll be sent a verification code on the number you provided; for the verification process.
- Enter that code and activate the two-step verification process.
What if I didn’t receive the verification code?
Click on the “Resend SMS” button to send it again. Also, you can choose to send SMS or call while activating the 2 step verification process. And it is always recommended to go for SMS mode as you may find it difficult in listening to a bot voice over a phone call.
What if you use the AOl mail in third party app?
If you’re using the Outlook app or yahoo app or any other third party app to access your AOL mail account, you need to generate the app password first. As this third party app cannot send the verification code on your registered mobile devices. Therefore, click on the “Generate app password” from the same page and choose the app you’re using to access the app. And finally choose the password.
Simple as that.
So, these are the steps involved in activating the two steps verification process. This process has its own benefits and as well as some flaws. However, use it on your own concern but it is highly recommended to use it for the account security purpose.
Anyways, if you’re still facing some difficulty activating this process, or you’re stuck in some points, feel free to contact us via the comment section.