There are lots and lots of guide on how to reset your forgotten password. But there are only few guides on how to recover your forgotten username or email address.
Forgetting the password is a common thing as you can not write it down on any paper or can not tell it to anyone because of the account security reasons. But in the case of your email address ot your AOL username, you can note it down and even mention it to other users so that they can mail you the important files and documents.
But still, there are many reasons to forget the email address and not using this email more often is one of them.
Recover Forgotten AOL username
Most of the users sign up for the AOL Mail and does not use it frequently. This may lead to forgetting your username. So, in this situation, all you need to do is,
- Go to the login page of AOL
- Here, click on the “Forgot Username” link.
- Now, enter either your registered mobile number OR recovery phone number or your recovery email address.
- Enter any one of these and click on Continue.
- Now, you’ll be sent the verification code on your email address or on your mobile number, which ever information you provided.
- Finally, as the verification is complete, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can recover your email address or your AOL Mail Username.
Things to remember,
If you created an AOL mail account many years ago and haven’t used it since, make sure you paired your recovery email address or your mobile phone for the verification process. Because, few years back, you do not need to enter your mobile number or your alternative email address to sign up for the account. So, in this situation, you cannot recover your forgotten mail username and you’ll need to contact the official support team for the help.
Moreover, if you haven’t opened your account since many years, your account might probably been deleted or dissolved due to lack of activity.
So, these are the steps you need to follow to recover your email address or your username. But if you still have some problem recovering it, ask your queries in the comment section below. We’d be more than happy to help you out.